Let’s Go! Parent Resources
Resources for parents who are interested in increasing healthy eating and physical activity in their families:
(To view PDFs, download Adobe Reader here for free.)
or more fruits & vegetables
- “5” Brochure—Overview of general tips for adding fruits and vegetables to your day!
- Breakfast Is Best—The most important meal of the day
- Encourage Kids to Eat More Fruits & Veggies—Tips on helping kids eat more fruits & vegetables
- Fiber—Everybody needs it!
- Fittest Food—The foods that are energy-givers
- Fuel Learning with Fruits & Vegetables— Healthy snacks kids love
- Guiding Stars—Hannaford’s® helpful rating system for smart shopping
- Healthy Favorites—A booklet with tips and recipes
- Nonfood Rewards at Home—How to reward children without sugar and fat
- Tasty Snacks for Healthy Kids—A handy list of what’s good for you
hours or less of recreational screen time*
*Keep TV/computer out of the bedroom. No screen time under the age of 2.
- “2” Brochure
- Active Video Games—All video games are not created equal
- Healthy Activity Booklist—Great books to get you moving
- Facts and Figures about Our TV Habits—
There’s something here to surprise everyone
- National Screen-Free Week—How to tune in to life
- Promote Healthy Viewing—Creating good habits around screens
- Reduce TV Toolkit—Facts, quizzes, ideas and answers!
- School Vacation—There’s always something to do!
- Take Control of TV & Other Screen Time—How to tame your television and other screens… rules and tips
hour or more of physical activity
- “1” Brochure
- Fun Ways to Be Physically Active—It’s easier than you think
- Get Up and Go—A 76-page guide to fun things to do in Southern Maine
- Get One Hour or More—Tips on staying active
sugary drinks, more water and low fat milk
- “0” Brochure
- Drink Less Sugar—Quick tips to reduce your sugar intake
- Drink Your Milk—Take the milk quiz
- Drink Your Milk Answers—How did you do?
- For Growing Bones—What grade of milk is best?
- Have a Drink Plan—Review what you’re drinking
- How Much Sugar Do You Drink—How much sugar is in that cola?
- Milk’s Unique Nutrient Package—All you need to know about its nutrients and vitamins
- Think Your Drink—A chart showing the “fitness” of drinks
- Water Is Fuel for Your Body—Essential reading… and drinking!